ZWO’s new cooled version of ASI174MM-Cool mono CMOS Imaging Camera allows the sensor to be cooled to 35C to 40C degrees below ambient!
Here is a 60s long exposure dark file of this Camera. The 1″ sensor size and 5.86 pixel size of ASI174 make it suitable for DSO imaging for most scopes.
The high QE and low read noise and super fast speed of ASI174 make it to be a camera capable for all.
Here is a review on Cloudy Night forum.
The QE peak value is about 77%.
Reliable Mechanical Structure
There are four screws that seal the sensor chamber. Our camera design has been extensively tested and is very stable.
Even when used in higher humidity environments, ASI174-Cool will still works fine without dew problems.
USB 3.0 Port & USB2.0 HUB
USB 3.0 Port: Provides 5Gb bandwidth to make it possible for ASI174-Cool to run at 128 fps (12bit, normal mode) or 164 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full resolution (2.3Mega).
USB 2.0 HUB: Can connect with various accessories, including a filter wheel, guide camera or electronic focuser, allowing you to manage your cables better. There are two short 0.5m USB2.0 cables included with the ASI174-Cool. The hub is powered by the external power supply if you connect one.
ASI174MM-Cool has 2 stage TEC cooling system to enable very deep cooling (35°C-40°C below ambient). The cooler requires an external power supply, which is not included with the camera. You may order a suitable power supply from here.
We recommend using a 12V/3-5A or more DC adapter for cooler power supply (2.1×5.5, center positive).
Using a battery with 9-15V is also suitable for the cooler power supply.
What`s in the box?
Notice：Cooled cameras need a 12v power adapter, If you don’t have one, please click this link to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standard for different contury, please choose it carefully.
The best solution of 55mm back focus length
Read more: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/tutorials/best-back-focus-length-solutions-55mm.html
Notice: Small sensor camera have a few accessories in box, please take a look at package list above.
Drivers and Softwares:
Our website has newest camera drivers and many DSO and Planetary capture softwares. Please make sure the newest driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
And the anti-dew heater is on sale that could solve the dew problem on the front window for ASI cooled cameras.
You can buy the heater from the link:
Camera technical details
Sensor: 1/1.2″ CMOS IMX174LLJ / IMX174LQJ
Resolution: 2.3Mega Pixels 1936×1216
Pixel Size: 5.86µm
Exposure Range: 32µs-1000s
Bit rate: 12bit output(12bit ADC)
Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
Dimensions: 78 mm Diameter
Back Focus Distance: 17.5mm
Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
Delta T: 35-40 degrees C
Cooler Power Supply Required: 12V at 3A Max
Before first usage of this product read manuals and install correct drivers and software.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 299USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 299USD) : $20.00
- Free Shipping(amount < 299USD) (Air Mail, 3-4 weeks) (Free)
- Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, TNT, EMS etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package in one week. We provide free fast shipping for order ≧ $299 or charge extra $20 for order < $299.
- Free Shipping: we will ship via DGM or China Post Registered Air Mail. It usually costs 2-3 weeks to reach US or Europe and costs 3-4 weeks to reach far places.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the name of your company.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers areliable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free or replace for free if the camera doesn’t work within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis.
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: email@example.com. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.